Music ministry Music is an integral part of our worship life. Many opportunities to enjoy this gift are offered. Withmultiple choirs and ensembles, and the concert series.
- Cherub choir: ages 3 through first grade
- Junior choir: grades 2-6
- Senior choir: adults and high school
- Folk group: guitars, percussion and contemporary Christian music
- Various smaller ensemble vocal groups and instrumentalists.
- Concert series: including our annual Advent Concert and varied programs by various local and guest artists.
Social Ministry The Social Ministry Committee leads our response to those in need with Christian love and care with projects such as:
- Amazing Grace Food Pantry & Cromwell Food Bank
- Annual Cromwell Feeding Our Neighbors Walk for hunger
- St. Vincent De Paul Sunday Dinners
- ELCA Malaria Project
- Lutheran Immigration & Refugee Services support
- Lutheran World Relief Fair Trade Coffee and Handcraft Projects
- Give 2 the Troops project
- Parish Nurse Program:offering regular blood pressure screening as well as occasional CPR/ First Aid/AED training classes.
- Christmas Tree Project – gifts to MARC home residents.
- Sunday School Lutherans believe that the Christian Education of children is a key to faith development and one of our greatest responsibilities as parents, adults and as a congregation. That’s why at Bethany , our Sunday Church School is a vibrant and exciting part of our ministry. .We would like to invite your child(ren) to Sunday Church School at Bethany . Children, from age 3 through 6th grade, typically have a lesson based on a Bible story, followed by an activity or craft project and music. Our Sunday School begins on Rally Sunday each year – normally the third Sunday of September. The SCS session begins at 9:15 am and ends at 10:15 am each Sunday – just in time to join us for Worship at 10:30 am. For more information or to enroll your child(ren) in Bethany ‘s SCS, please contact the Church Office or our Sunday School Superintendents at:
“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” – Proverbs 22:6
- Confirmation Class Our confirmation ministry is a two year program that prepares youth in grades 7 and 8 to prepare for Public Affirmation of their Baptism/Confirmation. Youth are confirmed each year on Pentecost Sunday.
- Youth Groups: We have two youth groups, one for Middle School/confirmation students and one for High School students. These group shave opportunities to participate in local, regional and national youth ministry events.
- Adult Bible Study: From Sep. to June our adult forum meets on Sunday mornings between the two services. Our Brown Bag Bible Study meets throughout the year on Wednesday mornings at at 11:30.
- Prayer chain: The prayer chain is made up of a group of members and friends of Bethany who support the members and friends of Bethany who have a special prayer need. Whether it is illness or some other concern, the prayer chain will hold you in their prayers.
- Prayer shawl ministry: The prayer shawls are made, with prayer, by the members of the church. They arepresented to those who are in need of prayerful support as a reminder that God and God’s people are with them in their hour of need.
- Baptismal blanket: These are hand-made blankets given to our ‘newest’ members to commemorate their baptism.
- Women’s Group: Meets monthly for fellowship and to work on various church related projects and causes.